Thursday, January 21, 2010

What can i do to get my nephew to stop biting his nails,i take care of him and he really wants to stop to,?

how can i help him with this?What can i do to get my nephew to stop biting his nails,i take care of him and he really wants to stop to,?
Shock therapy!!!! lol jk. I don't know. I just picked up knuckle cracking lol. But I wouldn't suggest that. It really depends how old he is. If he's young young, then you probably won't be able to get him to stop unless you bribe him. What can i do to get my nephew to stop biting his nails,i take care of him and he really wants to stop to,?
When I was working in daycare there were twins that had a severe nail biting problem. Their poor little nails were all bloody!


Their mom put bandages over every finger nail. While it didn't look great, it certainly served it's purpose. They quickly stopped biting their nails.





Granted they were only 3 at the time, but if he really wants to stop biting his nails, the bandages could work for him as well.
usually biting you nails is an indication to an oral fixation, (needing something going to your mouth). When I had a problem with biting my nails, instead of chewing my nails I would put chapstick on my lips or having suckers. Sometimes I would just continuosly add lotion too Another thing that might work, theres a thing you can by in the nailcare isle, you add it to your nails and if you try to bite you get a nasty taste of it. It kinda sucks if you like to eat with you hands. Another thing is maybe he needs to have his hands busy, try buying those stress balls. Its kind of an icky habit bc of all the germs and dirty under you nails. We used a microscope in science class and it was naaaasty
There is a store called Ricky's. they sell natural clear nail polish that is to treat this. When someone bites their names it gives them a nasty taste in their mouth. it is not harmful because its natural... no smell or anything. I used it on my husband. He has pretty nails now. Try it. If you can not find a Ricky's near you Goggle the nail polish. It really helps and its not harmful at all. Only cost like $8.00 dollars.
put lotion on his nails so that whenever he goes to bite them, he'll be stopped by the bad taste. it only takes a week!


another way is to paint his nails. my friend used to always bite her nails until i painted them and she wouldn't bite them because the nail polish is so gross. :)
listen, i don't know what others have said on here, but from the looks of it i'm guessing they were rude. um........ my friend bits her nails, and her sisters use to say if u let ur nails grow just a little bit, i'll give you 5 bucks. and when that didn't work she put some nasty lotion or medicine that had a horrible taste and bandaids. that helped. hope i helped
Mix a polish with a bit of a food he doesn't like and applied it on his nails. You can put pepper or garlic, once he bite them, he will wish he wouldn't have done it. It worked with me.
I remember when I was younger I had nail biting problems. My mom got this clear nail polish that smelled like pineapples but left a bitter taste in my mouth. Almost like earwax. That stopped me from bitting my nails.
try lemon juice . . the bitter taste might get him to stop and its safe or just gross him out by explaining to him how dirty hands are
its a bit drastic but every time you catch him biting paint one of his nails red and say you will paint all of them if he dont stop
I'm 19 and I've been biting my nails since I was 4. I really don't think there is a way to stop it.
My mom used to put nail polish on me so I wouldn't bite them. But since he is a boy put clear nail polish on him instead.
Put hot sauce on his nails.
i'd say clip his nails before he gets a chance to



Try clear coat polish

No comments:

Post a Comment