Saturday, January 23, 2010

How Can I Start Taking Care of My Nails At Home?

I really want to start making my nails look better, but they have soooo many flaws. My cuticles are sticking out super far, and its hurts to push them back. I also bite my nails so they are kind of ridged at the ends. Also, it seems like a soft layer of nail is peeling of the top kind of. It is so wierd. So if you can help I would love it! I would like as much advice as possible. I would also like you to try to put your info in your words instead of putting website links. Please %26amp;%26amp; Thank You!How Can I Start Taking Care of My Nails At Home?
cuticles: u first need to soften ur cuticles with hand lotion (or cuticle cream or oil if u have it), then after u take a shower or bath use a wet washcloth and gently push ur cuticles back off of the nail (make sure that u dont use orangewood sticks or cuticle sticks becuz even though they r meant for cuticles they can be too rough on ur nails) %26amp; never try to cut ur cuticles becuz u could damage the seal they create between ur nail and the skin on ur finger





biting nails: there are many different reasons why people bite their nails. 1) ur bored-keep ur hands busy with something else (toy ball, hair, etc). 2) ur nervous-relax ur body to reduce ur stress level %26amp; take deep breaths. 3) ur nail has broken and u want to get rid of the sharp edge on ur nail-keep a pair of nail clippers nearby so that u dont need to use ur teeth.





basic nail treatment: clean ur nails if there was any previous nail polish on them with a moistened cotton ball. wash hands and nails in warm water with plenty of soap. neatly trim ur nails so that they r smooth. use an emery board to shape ur nails into squared off ovals. then soak ur fingers in a bowl with warm, soapy water for 5 minutes. and lastly, use a nailbrush to get rid of any dirt underneath ur nails.





my nails used to be horrid also, but after following these procedures i have been able to keep my nails clean and healthy! hope i helped!How Can I Start Taking Care of My Nails At Home?
get a cuticle stick thing. there like little wooden things that you can push back your cuticles with or you can get a kit with like a whole bunch of things. Nail streagnthening nail polish, and make sure you get lots of callcium in you. oh and you can get this NASTY nailpolish that you put on your nails and then when you bite them you like get this horible taste in your mouth so you learn not to do it anymore. my big sis made put some on and lick it to see if it actually worked when i was younger. YUCK!! i almost threw up it totaly works.
buy a sally hanson nail kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment