Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ever get tired taking care of hair/makeup/nails?

I've just been cutting my nails off, not wearing any make-up, and do the minimum maintenance on my hair.





How do you get ';inspired'; to exfoliate, wash, shampoo, condition, moisturize, buff, lacquer, apply, and/or curl every day?Ever get tired taking care of hair/makeup/nails?
OMG girl this is such a good question. I too get so tired and often think ';What is the point? My baby doesn't care what I look like and I work from home.'; But I then think about my husband cheating on me because I look frumpy and not groomed. I guess that is what keeps me trying to look good...or good enough.Ever get tired taking care of hair/makeup/nails?
Being a southern gal, we just naturally do all those things every day.


I wouldn't dream of not doing my hair and makeup! Even on the days I stay home all day!


My mother told me ';You do your hair and makeup every day no matter what and you'll just feel better!';


She was sooo right.
it just makes u feel so much better about your self
Sometimes you got to do it, but I try to cut some things just to make it less overwhelming. Like I don't wear make up anymore, and it feels so much better. I do make my hair straight but I don't mind. I always try to do less.
i want to impress sum one....sumtimes
its more of a thing to do for yourself.if theres no ';real';reason for you to get all dolled up,then why bother?Look at it this way,if you dont feel like shampooing/conditioning your hair,then thats good because washing your hair too much causes it to dry up easily,so thats one excuse to not wash your hair,as for the either stuff...idk
think of how nice and pretty you'll look after you take care of your hair, make-up, etc. of course you dont have to wear a whole lot of make-up, just a dab here and a dab there. same with nails. choose a simple design or color and dont put a thousand layers. for your hair you can do the minimum maitenance on it. just shampoo condition and curl/straighten (and curling and straightaning is optional)





if your still not ';inspired'; remember that you're more beutiful without make-up
As the commercials say, ';Because I'm worth it!';





Sure all of us tire of the 'beauty regimen' now and then. When I feel like that I go into a low maintenance mode for a few days. Only basic skin care, cleanse, moisturize, lip gloss. Minimal hair care, with minimum products and only fingers and hair dryer.. No nail polish, only tidy up the nails that need it, but remember the hand lotion. Skip shaving legs, that's why pants or long skirts and boots were invented. Even how I dress becomes simpler. Look nice, of course, but without any 'fashion statement.'





Usually after a few days, or even a week of this, I'll come home from work one night and decide to do my nails, or shave my legs, or give myself a complete facial treatment. I learned my lesson though, do not try to do all this in one evening. I'd stayed up too late trying to pamper myself and feel really tired the next day. After treating myself one evening I'd slip into bed early, so I could get up earlier and style my hair for a change. Pretty soon I was back into the whole routine again, because I liked how it made me look and feel, and dammit, I'm worth it!
I think you have to maintain a clean appearance, just to feel good besides people tend to look at you different if you don't take care of yourself
I have a job where you have to maintain a certain standard with regard to how you present yourself. (However, on the flip side there are restrictions on how much you can do as well!) It means you have to keep your hair neat, etc. I'm not a bug though, you gotta wash everyday! Eww! As for prettifying, I don't wear make up very often and for every day stuff I generally only put lipstick on. I do paint my toenails cos that's fun but only once a week or so.


Maybe you just need to cut back on your grooming to keep up the basics (like washing...) You might find after that, putting on some stuff is more fun than necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment