Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My big toe nail fell off, how should i medically take care of it until the new one grows back in?

Hello! I am a 13 year old dancer who practices ballet and pointe 6 days a week since i was 10. I have been dancing since i was 3.





Recently my pointe shoes have caused my right big toenail to get bruised, and today my toenail FINALLY fell off.





So my question is, how should i take care of it medically so it does not get infected while i wait for the new nail to grow back. I have no idea how to take care of my toe-nailess toe. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.





THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!My big toe nail fell off, how should i medically take care of it until the new one grows back in?
Put some cotton on it and wrap the cotton with a band aid. Then change the cotton and band aid every day or every 7 hours (to prevent it from becoming dry). That should keep it from becoming infected.











Hope this Helps!My big toe nail fell off, how should i medically take care of it until the new one grows back in?
Your toenail will pretty much take care of itself. Just be sure to keep it clean, and avoid injuring it again. It will take about 6 months to grow back fully. If it starts to hurt, goes red, or becomes swollen go see a doctor - but it should be fine!
  • chap balm
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment