Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh god, i'm such a long-nails virgin. How do i care for them? (keep them from breaking etc)?

So, I haven't had very long nails for most of my life. This past summer I've been keeping my nails painted, so I can't see their length and have the urge to start ripping/tearing at them.





But now that they're long, I don't know how to care for them, and I've gotten several broken nails recently :( How do I stop that? Does using clear nail polish actually help with that?





Any other general care tips are appreciated!Oh god, i'm such a long-nails virgin. How do i care for them? (keep them from breaking etc)?
Be very careful with nail polish--I understand that it's helping you keep your mind off the new length, but when it starts to chip, the places where it wears off become weak compared to the painted parts. When the polish starts to chip, just take it off and start again.


Once a week, soak or paint or nails in olive oil--it'll keep them strong and healthy. A good cuticle cream or hand cream will help with that as well.


When one of my nails breaks down low, I usually put a few drops of super glue or nail glue on the break and set it. After the nail underneath grows back a bit, the glued (dead) nail will come off, and you won't experience the pain that comes with having no nail to protect your nail bed. Clear nail polish won't help keep your nails from breaking, but purchasing a product like Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails will help keep your nails strong.Oh god, i'm such a long-nails virgin. How do i care for them? (keep them from breaking etc)?
I have the same problem. Keeping them trimmed up and not all jagged is always good, and try not to keep them too long or they will just break off. Experiment with different lengths and see what the longest is that you can keep them at without them breaking off. Taking calcium pills helped me too.
clear nail polish only helps to keep your nail polish on longer but to help your nails is to file them and i have this stuff called ';sally hanson'' age correct STRENGTH dry + brittle nail care in a pink bottle it helps strengthen my nails really well to put it on every week or so before i paint my nails
THere is special nail cream you get to toughen ur nails and prevent them from breaking the brand i have is called earth theraputics, its for nails and enamels and it really works also make sure to file ur nails regularly!
Theres several nail polishes that are designed to make your nails stronger, just look for them. And yeah, clear polish should help.

No comments:

Post a Comment